Arc & Stress Relieving Furnace
Electric Arc Furnace
Minimum Order Quantity: 1 Unit
|Material Loading Capacity (T)||10 T|
|Type Of Furnace||Tilt|
|Melting Time||4-6 Hours|
|Max OperatingTemperature||2200 DegreeC|
|Brand||M. G. Furnaces|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
MG make Electric Arc Furnace is a squat, cylindrical vessel made of heavy steel plates. It has a dish-shaped refractory hearth and three vertical electrodes that reach down through a dome-shaped, removable roof. The shell sits on a hydraulically operated rocker that tilts the furnace forward for tapping and backward for slag removal. The bottom—i.e., the hearth—is lined with tar-bonded magnesite bricks and has on one side a slightly inclined taphole and a spout, an oval hearth and a vertical taphole. With this latter arrangement, a furnace needs be tilted only 10° for tapping, producing a tight and short tap stream that decreases heat loss and reoxidation of the liquid steel. Before charging, the vertical taphole is closed from the outside by a movable bottom plate and is filled with refractory sand.
The major benefits for MG make EAF are -
- Compact design with minimum space requirements
- User friendly for ease of operation and maintenance.
- Low refractory wear due to small pitch circle diameter
- EAF can be supplied for min. of 2 MT & LRF Can be supplied for min. of 15 MT of steel refining and upwards.
- Hydraulic electrode movement & control system
- Furnace operations and control are automated with PLC and computer based Human Interface which are very friendly to operate and maintain.
- Production Capacity: 2000 kg to 50000kg